March 27 March 6 2021—Fulgurites Hunting (DATE PENDING)
RESCHEDULED DUE TO RAIN! DATE PENDING. REGISTRANTS – CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR INFORMATION. We will be starting 2021 off with our annual Fulgurite Hunting trip to the sand pits on the Lake Wakes Ridge on March 27 March 6. This is an opportunity to learn about Plio-Pleistocene Cypresshead Formation sands and do some fulgurite hunting. Due to logistics and pandemic considerations, there is a 60-attendee cap this year. Registration deadline is March 25 March 4 with no exceptions. Click here to register now!
2020 Spring/Summer/Fall Newsletter
- Message from the President
- SEGS Welcomes New Junior Member Atlas
- Update on Field Trips
- Field Trip to the Peace River, November 23, 2019
- Revenge of the Lake Wales Ridge Sand Pits, February 8, 2020
- Fake Rocks: Ytong
- Member Contributed Article: Höhlenperlen, “Cave Pearls”
- SEGS Social Media
- SEGS 2020 Student Research/Field Work Grant Award Opportunity
- AAPG and GCAGS Updates
- GeoGulf 2020 Lafayette – REGISTER NOW FOR PHYSICAL AND VIRTUAL GEOGULF 2020
Download the Newsletter:
For 2020, the Southeastern Geological Society has allocated awards of $1,000 for one undergraduate student and $2,000 for one graduate student. The purpose of the awards is to promote greater understanding of southeastern U.S. geology through student research and/or field work. Grants are available on an application merit basis to any student, undergraduate or graduate, enrolled at any accredited University or College in Florida, Georgia, or Alabama. Applications are now closed. Check back in 2021 for the 2021 application!