2020 Spring/Summer/Fall Newsletter
- Message from the President
- SEGS Welcomes New Junior Member Atlas
- Update on Field Trips
- Field Trip to the Peace River, November 23, 2019
- Revenge of the Lake Wales Ridge Sand Pits, February 8, 2020
- Fake Rocks: Ytong
- Member Contributed Article: Höhlenperlen, “Cave Pearls”
- SEGS Social Media
- SEGS 2020 Student Research/Field Work Grant Award Opportunity
- AAPG and GCAGS Updates
- GeoGulf 2020 Lafayette – REGISTER NOW FOR PHYSICAL AND VIRTUAL GEOGULF 2020
Download the Newsletter:
Planning is underway! Look forward to our annual fulgurites trip early in 2021, with others to follow.
For 2020, the Southeastern Geological Society has allocated awards of $1,000 for one undergraduate student and $2,000 for one graduate student. The purpose of the awards is to promote greater understanding of southeastern U.S. geology through student research and/or field work. Grants are available on an application merit basis to any student, undergraduate or graduate, enrolled at any accredited University or College in Florida, Georgia, or Alabama. Applications are now closed. Check back in 2021 for the 2021 application!