Apply Now: Student Grant
For 2020, the Southeastern Geological Society has allocated awards of $1,000 for one undergraduate student and $2,000 for one graduate student. The purpose of the awards is to promote greater understanding of southeastern U.S. geology through student research and/or field work. Grants are available on an application merit basis to any student, undergraduate or graduate, enrolled at any accredited University or College in Florida, Georgia, or Alabama. Applications due June 30.
Save the Dates
Geology & Geomorphology of Washington Co., Florida (17-18 Apr 2020)
Explore the “Stonehenge-like” boulders of Rock Hill, the geologic beauty of Falling Waters State Park, and the only exposures of the Bridgestone Limestone in Florida! Find more details and register here.
Check the Events page for more trips.
GeoGulf 2020 in Lafayette
CALL FOR PAPERS!
Come join SEGS and other GCAGS/GCSSEPM societies this Fall at GeoGulf 2020 in Lafayette, Louisiana from September 30 to October 2 for an expanded technical program, indoor and outdoor exposition, field trips, short courses, luncheons, and special events. Read the call for papers or click here to learn more.
2019 Fall Newsletter
- President’s Message
- SEGS 2019 Membership Map and Social Media
- Research Update from SEGS 2018 Student Research/Field Work Grant Awardee, Mary Tiedman, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Earth and Environment, Florida International University
- SEGS 2020 Student Research/Field Work Grant Award Opportunity
- Ichetucknee and Santa Fe River Basins Karst Traces Field Trip, February 22-24, 2019
- Revenge of the Lake Wales Ridge Sand Pits
- Upcoming Field Trip to the Peace River
- GCAGS Updates
- Annual Elections