Save the Dates
Fulgurites Hunting (8 Feb 2020)
We will be starting 2020 off with our annual Fulgurite Hunting trip to the sand pits on the Lake Wakes Ridge on February 8. This is an opportunity to learn about Plio-Pleistocene Cypresshead Formation sands and do some fulgurite hunting. Find more details and register here.
Geology & Geomorphology of Washington Co., Florida (17-18 Apr 2020)
Explore the “Stonehenge-like” boulders of Rock Hill, the geologic beauty of Falling Waters State Park, and the only exposures of the Bridgestone Limestone in Florida! Find more details and register here.
Check the Events page for past trips.
2019 Fall Newsletter
- President’s Message
- SEGS 2019 Membership Map and Social Media
- Research Update from SEGS 2018 Student Research/Field Work Grant Awardee, Mary Tiedman, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Earth and Environment, Florida International University
- SEGS 2020 Student Research/Field Work Grant Award Opportunity
- Ichetucknee and Santa Fe River Basins Karst Traces Field Trip, February 22-24, 2019
- Revenge of the Lake Wales Ridge Sand Pits
- Upcoming Field Trip to the Peace River
- GCAGS Updates
- Annual Elections