$0.00 – $10.00
RESCHEDULED DUE TO RAIN! DATE PENDING! REGISTRANTS – CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR INFORMATION.
Start 2021 off with our annual fulgurite trip to the Lake Wakes Ridge sand pits. Learn about Plio-Pleistocene Cypresshead Formation sands and hunt for fulgurites, courtesy of Marc Hurst and C.C. Calhoun.
DUE TO COVID AND LOGISTICS, WE ARE LIMITING TO 60 MEMBER/GUEST REGISTRATIONS (NO CAP ON STUDENTS/MINORS). REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 25 MARCH 4.
RESCHEDULED DUE TO RAIN! DATE PENDING! SEGS is happy to announce that we will once again be hosting a Field Trip to the sand pits of Lake Wales Ridge courtesy of long-time SEGS member Marc Hurst and colleagues at C.C. Calhoun, Inc. This is an opportunity to learn about Plio-Pleistocene Cypresshead Formation sands and do some fulgurite hunting, as previously enjoyed and documented in our 2011, 2017, 2018, and 2019, and 2020 Newsletters, website photo gallery, and SEGS Guidebooks #50 and #70. The field trip will take place at Pit #7, 3000 Bannon Island Road, Haines City, FL 33844 on March 27 March 6 starting at 9:30 AM.
DATE PENDING! March 27 March 6, 2021 @ 9:30 AM
We’ll meet on March 27 March 6, 2021 at 9:30 AM at the entrance of C.C. Calhoun, Inc.’s Pit #7 located in Haines City, FL. Participants should arrange lunch on their own.
3000 BANNON ISLAND ROAD
HAINES CITY, FL 33844
For questions, contact Jonathan Valentine at 813-347-3379 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be asking members to follow all federal, state, and local guidelines to mitigate the spread of Covid-19. We have updated our waivers to reflect the seriousness of the novel disease.
- Minors are welcome with waiver and accompanying adult.
- The sites that we’ll visit are active industrial facilities. Safety glasses (sunglasses), shirts, and closed-toe shoes are required. Drinks, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended.
- Pets and are not allowed at the mine.
- Transportation will consist of a caravan. Four-wheel drive vehicles are recommended, but not required. Please arrange to carpool with others to minimize the number of vehicles.
- All participants must sign a waiver and agree to the participant guidelines.
Registration and Fees
Participation is limited to SEGS members who have paid 2021 dues (and guests thereof) and geology students. For members, please renew here.
- The price is $10 for current SEGS members and guests of attending SEGS members; free for children and students.
- For efficiency, SEGS will be limiting signups to electronic registration only, with manual registration available only on request.
- Due to concerns over Covid-19 plus logistical issues experienced last year, we are limiting participation to 60 member/guest registrations, with no cap on minor/student registrations.
- We are enforcing a hard cutoff for event registration by Thursday, March 25 March 4. We WILL NOT be accepting registrations the day of or the day before the event.
- At the top of the page, in the dropdown, please select the appropriate option and click “Add to Cart” to register for the trip.
- During checkout, you will be routed to a waiver you can sign electronically, and then to the registration and payment form. Since every participant needs to complete a waiver, you can only register one person at a time, but it’s fast!
- If you have trouble with the electronic registration, please email email@example.com for a manual registration option.
Member or Guest, Student or Minor